Ensemble - DECIDING YOU WANNA BE HERE
Improv is about a lot of things: listening, character, group mind. But one integral thing improvisers need to do is MAKE THE DECISION TO WANT TO BE "HERE."
HERE means a lot of things and that's what this level is all about:
- Deciding you don't just want to be in an ensemble, you want to be in this ensemble.
- Deciding you want to work to get better and help your teammates get better.
- Deciding you want to be in the moment on stage and give yourself up to something bigger, that being the piece.
Each week, the class is followed by a show involving students from Ensemble 2 and above. This class is based on curriculum developed at the Chicago Improv Den.
Minimum of one year improv experience.
Choose a Session
No sessions available for registration at the moment.
COVID-19 Procedures for In-person Classes
Please note we are taking the following precautions for all students:
- We strongly suggest masking (and vaccinations) but do not require either. We have both surgical and KN95 masks on hand if anyone needs them.
- Students will be asked to stay 6 feet apart when at all possible.
- If a student feels ill at all, we ask that you NOT come to class and notify us if you test positive for Covid-19 so we can do contact tracing.