Phase 4 Reopening Guidelines
Laugh Out Loud will begin Friday and Saturday shows on Friday, September 18, 2020, in compliance with guidelines provided by the CDC, State of Illinois, and PACC (Performing Arts Center Consortium)[PDF]. We are thrilled to invite you back!
Due to the contagious nature of COVID-19, an inherent risk of exposure exists in any public place where people gather. By visiting Laugh Out Loud, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Top three COVID-19 guidelines
- Wear a mask covering both nose and mouth simultaneously
- Stay at least 6 feet apart
- Wash your hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer
- Fitted N95 or K95 (no exhalation valve)
- Cotton with polypropylene
- 2-layer polypropylene
- 2-layer Cotton pleated-style
- No bandanas, fleece, knitted, neck gaiters, or masks with exhalation valves
In addition, we have done rigorous research to build the following plan to allow you and your family to attend a night of socially distant comedy:
- Masks will be required for entry and at all times while in the building. Once seated in the theater, masks may be removed for eating or drinking only. (See "Acceptable Masks" above)
- All tickets must be purchased in advance. There will be no walk up sales. This will mitigate contact with box office staff and get you to your seats quicker. Forgot to buy tickets in advance? You can step out on the sidewalk and take a minute to purchase over your smart phone, because no cash or cards will exchange hands in our lobby.
- Temperature checks when you arrive. Don’t attend if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, and all guests will have their temperatures taken prior to entry.
- Food and beverage limited to 30 minutes before showtime. Our lobby has been reconfigured so you can check in and purchase a beverage or food all in one stop! Once seated you can remove mask and enjoy your drink or snack. We will come around right before the show to collect any cans/bottles/bags. Masks must be worn for the rest of the evening.
- 6 foot distancing maintained throughout. We have marked off areas in our lobby and reduced the theater capacity to 48 seats with a 6 foot spread between groups of 2 or 4 people (Need 3 or 5 seats together? Give our box office a call at 847-240-0380). Children under the age of 16 must be seated with at least one adult (so you cannot buy a pair of seats and sit away from your kids - sorry parents!)
How We're Keeping You Safe
- All staff will wear masks and gloves for the duration of their shifts, actors will be more than 6 feet away and have face shields
- Plastic dividers at box office check in and bar point of sale. You will swipe your own card for a touchless transaction at bar.
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the theater.
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces, including restrooms.
- One hour showtime eliminating intermission.
- Staggered showtimes to prevent audience crossover on entrance and exit.
Thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to offering you the safest and cleanest comedy experience possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com